- iPhone® / iPad™ Specific Solutions
- Why You Need a Droid Optimized Website
- Why You Need a Mobile Optimized Site
- Isn't my Existing Site Mobile Optimized?
- Why a Mobile
Optimized Site Should be Your First Step
- What is Mobile Optimized Marketing?
- Most Important Tools for Mobile Marketing
- Important Facts about Mobile Marketing
Optimize Your Site for Mobile Devices
What is Mobile Optimized Marketing?
Here’s the official definition of mobile optimized marketing:
“Mobile optimized marketing is a set of practices that enables organizations to communicate and engage with their audience in an interactive and relevant manner through any mobile device or network.”
In this day and age, millions of businesses are increasing their sales all around the world by using the internet. However, marketing and promoting products and services through PC’s and laptops are no longer the norm for those who have been using online business for a while. What is used more often these days is M-commerce (Mobile Commerce).
M-commerce, which is business through mobile means, has become necessary for online promotion and marketing. The reason for this is that there are many more mobile users than PC or laptop users now. You really want a specific mobile site design these days to promote and market your products and services.
You can only profit from mobile marketing if you have a mobile site created via mobile optimized development. You need a mobile site design for your website because statistics show that more than 1 billion customers will access internet by mobile phones by 2014.
So, you should no longer rely only on normal websites, which are only intended for viewing on PC and laptop screens, whose screen resolution is totally different from mobile screen resolution.
You will lose a large group of your potential market if you do not optimize your website for mobile phones. To achieve this, you have to think about two important issues:
1. The design of the website that facilitates easy access to mobile devices.
2. What will make the website available to people via mobile search engines.
“With smartphone and mobile device use on a drastic rise, mobile sites are becoming a necessity for many businesses,” states Best Rank SEO Analyst, Ryan Frank, in his blog post. “While a mobile site won't benefit every business, these sites can both increase leads as well as convert directly to sales for many businesses.”
Here are some of the most common types of businesses that can profit from mobile website development:
- Content Driven News Sites/Blogs
- e-Commerce Stores
- Impulse Purchases (example: pizza delivery)
- On Demand Services (example: taxis)
- Local Businesses (example: restaurants)
- Emergency Services (example: tow trucks)